Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Trailer Mods Done

Well, I got the trailer modifications done today.  The next time I have a project that involves cutting a lot of heavy steel, I'm going to buy a heavy duty chop saw.  I only needed to make 12 or so cuts but doing it with a portable band-saw, pneumatic cut-off wheel and grinder was time-consuming!  I saved the toughest part for last, the widened section at the front of the trailer which involved several miter cuts and some crucial welding as the bunk will sit above this section.

It turned out great!  All of the welding is done and paint will go on the chassis this week which means I can start framing the sub-floor as early as this weekend!  I also found an RV salvage yard in Westminster; I'm going to try to get over there this week and look for a small shower enclosure, commode, holding tanking, plumbing, sink and other amenities.  I'll keep you posted!

No comments: